How we can help:
- Complete a brief analysis of your requirements to establish the best cover for you and your family.
- Compare all four health insurers in the market based on your requirements – Aviva, Glo Health, Laya and VHI.
- Help you understand how the introduction of Lifetime Community Rating on 01/05/15 will affect you and your family.
- In many cases, we may be able to source better health cover for you from your existing provider.
- Offer free impartial advice including a full explanation of all product differentials.
- Explain the different levels of cover so that you can decide which option best suits your needs.
Key Considerations when buying health insurance:
- What is your budget?
- What type of hospitals do you want to be covered for, e.g. public hospitals only or public and private hospitals?
- What types of accommodation cover to you want, e.g. would you prefer a private room or would semi-private suffice (no more than 5 beds)?
Additional cover options that you may wish to consider:
- Routine medical expenses cover – ‘day to day’ cover such as GP visits, routine dental, physiotherapy and other costs. Before adding this to your health cover, it is important to calculate what your average annual spend is, as you normally only get a refund of approximately 50% from the insurer.
- Maternity expenses cover – if you are planning a family, you should note that all insurers only give a ‘grant-in-aid’ towards private maternity, so you will never be fully covered for these costs.
- High Tech hospitals – access to hospitals such as the Mater Private, Blackrock Clinic or the Beacon.
- Private psychiatric, convalescence or travel cover – let us know if these are important for you, and we’ll explain your health cover in detail.
By considering these aspects, you are better positioned to select an appropriate plan that suits your individual requirements. As these will change over time, we recommend that you have your cover reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that you hold appropriate health insurance cover at all time.